Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Relating to life experiences...





I would like to share life experiences with you. I hope these are not only words that get lost in the wind but that they endure in your hearts.
I don't know where to start.  Life has its ups and downs.
At the beginning, when I first came to the United States, I had a mixture of happiness, anxiety, uncertainty, and a little fear, as I would be here with new people, culture, language, leaving my family. I did not know what new things I would discover. I knew that things would not be easy but I knew that I could do it.
Reflecting back,  I think that these are the same feelings our children have on their first day of school.
I lived in The Woodlands, TX  for 8 years where I learned many things.  But the most important thing I learned was to be independent and to appreciate what I had, which for me was the most important thing in life: family.
Even though my family is far, I had the need to listen to and speak with them, have the support and to be able to speak and listen to the words of encouragement, and congratulations on all that has been lived in this new place.
This makes me think about the parents of our students, who are the ones who help motivate, support and give words of encouragement and congratulations to our kids for all the achievements made in the school.
Life goes on and each day we learn something new. At this stage of life, our part as teachers is to apply all our knowledge and experiences to our students, but if you touch their hearts with love and pedagogical tact they have learning for life.



Liliana Donaghy
Dual Language Instructional Aide III


No comments:

Post a Comment