Tuesday, January 27, 2015

S.M.A.R.T. Goal Setting





S.M.A.R.T Goal Setting
Have you ever created your own SMART goals? We have done this in year's past in our PLC's. Have you thought about doing it with your students? We are setting goals with our DRA scores, so we could implement using their unit assessments, Aimsweb data, etc. You can use this sheet I have attached as well. I have made a data sheet and discussed goals and celebrations with my students using data sheet's for unit assessments, but I haven't added the measurable and time-bound piece to it. So can I challenge you over the next few weeks to set S.M.A.R.T. goals with your students? I am going too. In my own life personally and with my 4th grade daughter, and my business (outside of teaching), I have used S.M.A.R.T. goals, and they have helped me to become focused, created measurable, and attainable goals. I will admit attainable goals are hard for me, but I am working on it. 

"The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it."-Michealangelo

Go forth and be S.M.A.R.T. about your goals. 
Rachel Spears

3rd grade ELA and SS

No comments:

Post a Comment