Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Use your words wisely!



As I prepare to write this blog, I realize how terribly uncomfortable (petrified might be a better word) I am about writing my thoughts down so that multiple people can read them.  My stomach is in knots and my hand is shaking!! This uneasiness comes from a comment my high school English teacher made about a short story we were assigned.  Apparently, she didn't feel as though I could write very well!  She wrote (in red) “I think you must have plagiarized this. You couldn’t have written this on your own!” Because of this one comment, I have never been secure in my writing ability  Unfortunately, it is set in stone that I can’t write. Now you would think that I could have left this far behind me; no, not me – I carry it with me still!!  I tell this story to emphasize how important our words are to our students.  Our words both positive and negative can have a lasting effect on our students.  So, be kind and positive with your words and actions.  “Let your words heal and not wound.”




Jennie Campbell

3 comments:

  1. Such truth in this! I think you are a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so right! Words can either help push us along or stop us in our tracks. I enjoyed reading your writing and thank you for coming out of your comfort zone and sharing!

    ReplyDelete