Thursday, May 7, 2015

Team Work Makes the Team Work!!

As I reflect on my first year at Watkins, I have so much to be thankful for!  It has been an incredible year and I am truly blessed to be here!  At the top of the list of blessings is the privilege I have had this year to be part of THE MOST AWESOME KINDERGARTEN TEAM EVER!!

Last summer, when I came for my interview with Mrs. Speicher, I met Brenda, one of the Kindergarten teachers, and she said something that caught my attention: "We have a great Kindergarten team - we all work to our strengths."

As this year has progressed, I have seen the truth of her statement play out over and over again. This team is made up of 7 individuals with very different personalities, ages, levels of experience, teaching styles, opinions, ideas, abilities, and strengths.  The one characteristic everyone has in common, however, is the desire to be a team player and to work together, each one doing her part to make a contribution for the good of the team.  I'm amazed at the lack of competition, "score keeping" and negativity.  Much to the contrary, each person on the team is giving, caring, hard working, positive, and willingly shares what she has to offer for the good of the whole team. It is a beautiful thing to witness and be a part of!

Thank you Candice, Dyann, Mirna, Amy, Debra and Brenda for being such an exemplary team, and for the way you have each welcomed and made me feel "at home"! Working with each of you this year has been a GREAT JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment