Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Dual Language Marriage

I'm a happily married gal. I've been married to my husband for almost 8 years and have found that marriage takes a ton of work and that we truly parent our children together. He helps with all household chores, takes care of Benjamin's school work, and jumps in to rescue me when I make terrible decisions in my life (which is more often than I would like to admit). He has tons of knowledge about all things in life and is a pretty decent person to be around. Now that I have put out all the things I appreciate about my husband, let me tell you that things are not always pleasant. He gets on my nerves at times, won't stop talking when I need a moment to think, and I really miss him (and his help) when he travels out of town.

In August, I got married again. To my DL partner, Ana Maria! We didn't even meet before, it was just an arranged marriage. We both met, we got to know each other, and we have overcome some obstacles. Together we are responsible for 30+ children, taking care of school work, and rescuing each other when we don't always know exactly what is going on. We both were new to the school and it has been such a learning experience. Ana Maria and I have also dealt with the frustration and aggravation of working with each other in such a close setting. We have become awesome at co-teaching together and we are each able to express creativity in our favorite subject areas. When she was gone after her accident, I really felt like I do when my husband travels out of town. It was so hard to take care of all our students, maintain lesson plans, deal with day-to-day life, and not have her support and guidance like I am accustomed to. I'm glad Ana Maria is back to help share in the celebrations and joys of being with our precious kids. Similar to my marriage with my husband, my marriage to Ana Maria takes a ton of work, patience, and understanding. I appreciate her!

No comments:

Post a Comment