Tuesday, December 9, 2014

COOKIES IN MY JAR!

Hello and Happy December!! I hope all of you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday but it's time to move into the next one - CHRISTMAS. There are so many things that I enjoy about this time of the year. Decorating the tree, shopping for gifts, spending time with family and baking Christmas cookies. I started baking Christmas cookies on Sunday afternoon and as I started looking at my cookie cutters there were several of them that reminded me of the students in my classroom. The angel reminds me of the children that are so sweet by giving me hugs and working at the top of their game everyday. The gingerbread boy reminds me of the students that work very quickly and then want to keep moving at full speed to learn even more. The little drummer boy are my ones that like to whistle while they work it's such a sweet sound to my ears. The stars remind me of those that are happy, cheerful and have a shining little face each morning when they walk into the door and want to go above and beyond with everything that they do. And my favorite are the Christmas trees they are so wonderful and different in every other way and that's what makes my job the most rewarding. I love and appreciate all of them just like Christmas cookies, all so different but sweet as can be. It wouldn't be Christmas without them in my life. Take a little time in the next couple of weeks to find the sprinkles in your classroom and fill your cookie jar.

I want to say Thank-You to all of the Kindergarten teachers for sending us an assortment of cookies that are wonderful and well prepared for First Grade. A job well done. I hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Enjoy all the blessings that come your way.




Sherry

5 comments:

  1. Awww! Awesome blog and so true! I love this first grade group of kids and the teachers before us do an AMAZING job preparing them for 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sherry :) I needed to hear that today! Thank you for being so positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Sherry! I sent you my hearts this year!

    ReplyDelete