Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Thoughts and Thanks...

I told myself, I would keep this simple, although if you know me well, I am really not simple, I was never wired to think that way.  I have to see how everything connects before it becomes clear to me.  But I am going to give simplicity a try… 
Just a few reflections… and questions?


Wow, this works at Watkins!!!
  1.  A cheer with movements to teach expository writing … Go team Larsen!
  2. Readers Theater to improve fluency!!!
  3. Music to teach… (Have you heard Mrs. Schumaker’s class sing 50 Nifty United States?),   you can even use a youtube channel to organize playlists or just subscribe to a channel of another educator
  4. Google Earth, use it to introduce where the article or story takes place, then pin the areas to make connections and reteach
  5.  Author studies, the kids make connections, check out the books and it sticks!  
  6.     A blank hundreds board or grid to build number concepts, multiplication, division, and decimals

Share your happy moments when the light bulb goes on, happiness is a choice…

What do you think? …  Please comment with ideas.


1.       Ideas to remember capitalizing proper nouns?
2.       Any testing strategy that you would like to share?
3.       What are someways to that help students understand that ten hundreds equal a   thousand?
4.       The best way to organize homework?
5.       An engaging chapter book for January?


It is the season of thanks…

I have learned so much as a special education teacher; especially how important it is to take care of the whole child, intellectually, emotionally, and physically.  But I have so much more to learn and am blessed with the opportunity to work with supportive teachers that welcome me into their classrooms and help all of our students feel a part of our Watkins Family! 

6 comments:

  1. Blessings abound at WE! I'm going to have to go hear the kinder kids sing now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Noun Cheer:
    A noun, noun, noun is a person, place or thing!
    Capitalize it if it tells the name!
    Note: I will be happy to teach this to your students...Complete with a round-off back handspring and a herkie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Flor and Ulysses: the illuminated adventures or A Snicker of Magic for the older readers and Ivy + Bean Break the Fossil Record for the younger readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! I am thankful for you! :) we love our Mrs. Wilcox time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your post! I miss you on our team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your post! You are such an inspiration! I miss you on our team!

    ReplyDelete