Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Teacher in crisis!!!

Teacher in crisis!!!

When I said teacher, I meant me J I went through a crisis last week after seeing the other first graders’ writing samples. My students are not at that level yet!! And it drove me crazy, because… It’s almost Christmas time!!! My crisis was so bad that I even thought about changing careers!
So, today, after the storm, the frustration, and the chaos, I took a moment to remember the true reason why I became a teacher, and it is not for the praise or the satisfaction. I do it for the kids!! And they are very happy with their own progress!!

Sometimes we forget that they are just kids!! In my case, 6 years old! They want to play games and have fun and be recognized for every little thing they do!! So, here I am trying to pick myself up… while finding a better way to recognize their effort J
After Christmas I will implement something that I read a long time ago:

“Happy Note” J

 Whenever I notice students demonstrating progress, I may quietly give the student a certificate a piece of “happy note.” The students take their note home, where families can celebrate the accomplishment in any way they wish. At school, each week’s “Happy Note’s” recipients are going to be recognized and we will post their names on the wall!


Chuy J

1 comment:

  1. I love happy notes!! Those will be treasures saved by your kiddos! :)

    ReplyDelete