Tuesday, April 21, 2015

This year has been quite a transition for me from big to little people world. One of the hardest things for me to get used to was the dress code. I was used to seeing students in uniform however in elementary students have some style to say the least. By seeing the students express themselves through their hair, clothing, and accessory choices it has helped me to understand them better. That probably is not a big deal to everyone else, but at first it was to me.  This makes me think of a quote:

            "The little things make the biggest impact! Do more little things!"

What little things are you doing for your family and students to make a positive impact?  Keep in mind what it means to do little things: extra brain break, take shoes off, or opportunity to excel at something they are good at. Remember not to forget to take care of yourself. In order for everything to work you need to at your best and sometimes that means saying no. I know for me I want to do everything for everyone and saying no is very hard, but when too much is taken on nothing gets done the best it can.

             Just Keep Swimming!!

As the year winds down so does our patience. Think back to the beginning of the year when you thought your children couldn’t do anything. Regardless of where your students started each of them have made progress in their own way. Embrace each student for who they are and think about the impact you have made on them. 

J Leverington 

No comments:

Post a Comment